News from our Alumni
Rebecca M. Edelmayer (BS 2003) is a PhD candidate in Medical Pharmacology in the Pharmacology Department at the University of Arizona. Rebecca's dissertation is entitled, "Pain-facilitating neurons in the brainstem mediate cutaneous allodynia in an experimental model of headache-related pain". While an undergraduate at Pitt, Rebecca conducted research in Dr. Pat Card's laboratory.
Our graduates are going places!
Congratulations, Class of 2018!
- Nathan Reinert — accepted to Lewiz Katz (Temple) and the University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Kevin Westbrook — accepted to the Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Roisin Sabol — accepted to Pitt's School of Pharmacy
- Melissa Nicholas — employed by the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Kelly Staples — accepted by the Geisinger Commonwealth Medical School
- Sydney Pacelli — accepted to the Rutgers University Physician Assistant Program
- Abigail Dillaha — accepted to the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Serena Kantz — accepted to Columbia University
- Kaylin Magosin — accepted to Salus University
- Bianca Leonard — employed by the UPMC Department of Ophthalmology
- Georgia Vasilakis — accepted by the West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Haadi Ali — accepted by Geisinger Commonwealth Medical College
- Zachary Koenecke — employed by the University of Pittsburgh's Sleep and Chronobiology Center
- Matthew Tessmer — accepted by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Ejaaz Moazzam — accepted by the Drexel University College of Medicine
- Courtney Noeth — employed by Scribe America
- Erika Gotway — accepted by Saint Louis University
- Darlene D'Souza — accepted by Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health
- Shane McCarthy — accepted by Chatham University's Physician Assistant Studies program
- Brian Kolar — accepted to Pitt's Graduate School of Public Health
- David Augustine — employed by Dr. Allyson O'Donnell at Duquesne University
- Poornima Sundaravelu — accepted to graduate school at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Sam Mehan — employed by the University of Pittsburgh
- Yashini Gopal — continuing studies at the University of Pittsburgh
- Safiye Unlu — accepted to Drexel Medical School
- Victoria Dennis — enrolling in the Peace Corps
We are currently developing this site so that we can stay in touch with our alumni.
An alumni database is in the works, but, in the meantime, if you would like to e-mail us and tell us what you're doing we would love to hear from you! Please include your current address; e-mail and phone number; your current position, title, employer; the year you graduated; your thesis title; your web address, etc. E-mail to Ben Dekle: email@example.com